Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 5 May 2010

Early Results

Rush games are sooo much fun. I just played two tables tonight and made a small profit; there were a few interesting hands which I may upload and talk about tomorrow. Overall I feel that the HU games have improved my post flop play immensely. I used to play so fit or fold because I viewed hands in absolute terms; if I didn't have a pair or strong draw I'd fold. Now I can see alternative lines much more clearly. Not only that, I have polarised my ranges for UTG and the Button much more than I used to. Tonight, I played 7% of hands UTG (6 max - which is obv pretty tight) but 47% on the button. Whether this is optimal I'm not sure. But I know for sure that the suited connectors I used to open UTG could not have been a profitable hand from that position. Poker is all about fixing leaks and taking advantage of your opponents', and I feel that I've now fixed a couple. Anyway, I'll post the hands tomorrow. Gd night, and GL

No comments:

Post a Comment