Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 12 May 2010

Only 1100 hands but....

Toning down with the c-betting has really improved my redline in these FR games so far. I'm pretty much break even. If I hadn't spewed money by getting it in with pocket tens versus aces I'd actually have won a session for a change lol! I've also begun to min raise low pocket pairs from EP (22-99) because these raises often get multiple callers and this saves us money because most of the time we'll be giving up post flop. When we do hit a set I think we'll often get pretty much the same pay off that we would anyway so each time we're saving ten cents. Also, when we get 3-bet it's usually to like 80c or sometimes less so we're always getting terrific implied odds to set bash. When I've hit I go for a check raise and this usually gets us paid off versus the strong part of their range. Playing hands super straight forwardly is making me money. I'm one street bluffing in small pots on dry flops and stealing blinds where I can; the rest of the time looking to get value from good hands. I also think it's critical to use the gap concept. I'll call in LP with implied odds hands like pairs and SCs to an EP raise but otherwise, to an UTG raise and I have ATo, I think it's important we fold. These hands rarely make great hands and we'll have a nightmare on Axx/Txx flops. I plan to play a couple of thousand more hands tomorrow and I'll continue to update as my strategy evolves and hopefully becomes a winning one. It's also important to note that I'm earning about $2.7 in rakeback every 1000 hands (about an hours play). It's also so easy to rack up fpps; just play for 2hrs a day for 25 days in a month and we qualify for Iron man status. How sick is that? I'm playing 0.05/0.1 (10NL) FFS!!! Next month I may try and achieve Iron man, as it would be a good motivator to put in volume. If I did achieve that then I'd have played around 50000 hands which is quite alot, you know. This would also give me 5000fpps and 100 Iron man medals so I'd have to do a little research to find out the best way of reinvesting these VIP perks to get some more money back. If I can find a winning strategy the bankroll should then begin to grow quite quickly I feel. Anyway, must stop rambling. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment