Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 5 May 2010

Rush Poker

According to Hold'em manager I am running below EV in these turbo HUSNGs so far. Last night I had a pretty bad session, my play was not from my top drawer I must say. But I lost some all - ins with good equity and otherwise ran fairly poorly. I will return to the HU games soon as it pisses me off that I'm only breaking even in them so far. I have been a long time member of Cardrunners - excellent site by the way - and they have a good forum which includes a section on Rush. The posters were all discussing how easy it was to play 5k+ hands a day and it made me recall having to put in so much more time to get through that volume before. So I'll try and see what I can achieve. I used to four table 6 max at micros and was a small winner but really I'm not sure if I was a winner, that could just be good variance (albeit 30k hands). I'll try and do 20k hands I think. Alot of the losing players I see have fastly descending 'red lines' - non showdown losses. What this means is that they are getting value from the made hands but giving too much money away otherwise (mainly blind money). I think we can rectify this some what by 3-betting lightly in position and stealing blinds more often than we are giving them up. Once I've done the 'time' so to speak I'll post my graph and talk about this among other things. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment