Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 16 July 2010

Back!!

Hey, returned today and have had no poker for an entire week! Naturally I just played 1k hands and it went OK and I feel refreshed and ready to grind out some more now. I'm looking to move back to 25NL once I've won $50 more which would put my overall profit from Rush back at $400 in total.
A Blueprint for my Poker Development
Last year I spent some time working on my play on the turn and river and I think that I improved a lot there. This coincided - no coincidence - with my first few months of winning poker after 3 years playing the game. However, I still feel that I'm pretty weak on these two streets and I'm going to spend some more time looking at my play there to try and improve. I'll start by looking at the river. I think this is the easiest street to master because it simplifies to a function of value betting or bluffing versus showing down. I think it's important to start there because any play on the turn is affected by the EV of our expected actions on the river. I made a start this evening where I found examples of situations where I'd made bad value bets and bad bluffs on the river. I'll continue with this work over the next month or so. If I can become even better on these streets then I can only see my win rate rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment