Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 3 July 2010

Convergence

Hi, well I'm still break even over 15k hands now at the new limit. I'm happy with this so far because I'm earning around $100 rakeback per week so I'm still growing the bankroll. However, being a break-even 25NL player is not what I want. On a positive note, my statistics are converging upon the numbers that I had at 10NL with one exception. For some reason there's a seat in middle position where I'm losing 5 ptBB/100. This is pretty ridiculous and I'm putting it entirely down to variance. If this number was converging like the others I'd certainly have good profit by now so it looks like the strategy I was using at 10NL might still be a small winner at this stake. It's not where I want to be though, I should have better statistics in the late positions. Only making 10-15 BB/100 from the button is not good enough for me. I also think I could be losing less from the blinds although I think this is the part of my game I'll address later on. My immediate goal is to earn enough in the button and cutoff to offset my sb+bb losses allowing my profit to come from the other table positions. Achieving this first goal will require a lot more playing experience I feel. But if I can get there then I'll certainly have enough confidence in my game ready for my transition to 50NL.
Long Term Goals
This is something I've been thinking about lately. Some day I'd love to be playing tons of HU cash because it's the purest and most skillful form of poker IMO. But being only a part time player, I think that Rush will always provide a better opportunity for making money. Maybe once I reach 50NL I'll attempt to find a balance where I grind out a couple hours of Rush per day before getting into some HU cash games for another hour. Well, this is all speculation. I must get my grind back on. I have a week at home now where I'll try and play as much as possible. Then I have a week off so I'll forget about the game and return refreshed afterwards. GL at the tables

No comments:

Post a Comment