Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 28 July 2010

Determination

I've played a few more without much more luck, but I'm really determined to learn how to play these games well (MTTs). Unfortunately it really feels that all the cash experience I've recently gained is fairly useless now. In the last tournament with about five fish marked at the first table I raised AA to 500 chips at 25/50 blinds (yes you read that right) with an eff stack of around 3000. 3 players called. One of them donk shoved as an overbet, and I called to see an eight out draw. Now, I think the call is correct giving all the garbage these players do this kind of thing with but in my full ring cash hands raising to 10 big blinds would be utterly ridiculous strategy most of the time. So in other words, I'm pretty much learning these games from scratch. The good news is that I have a decent knowledge about poker, so hopefully as long as I try and make the best chip EV plays and I'm right often enough, and I begin to improve my ICM on the bubble I will see a profit. I'll be using the 'position' tab in poker tracker as my main indicator of how I'm getting on, and the good news so far is that I've only clocked around 1100 hands in these tournaments and of course coming from grinding cash I'm well aware that I can get no indication of profitability from that few. As for the title of the post, I'm determined to be a winner at these now. I proved myself at 10NL cash and now I want to prove myself at $10 and under MTTs. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment