Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 20 July 2010

Finding New Things Out...

Today I discovered another way of making money at poker; that is, by buying a piece of - buying shares in - another player's poker investments. www.parttimepoker.com is the biggest website where you can not only buy shares in other players but also get yourself staked as well. I obv have much to prove to the world regarding my poker ability; achieving 2 BB/100 at 10NL FR Rush shouldn't be difficult and this is my only claim to fame currently. However, I can begin to invest my bankroll in other players, and this will ensure that when I cannot play the 'roll is still growing. This is something I'll begin to do immediately although my current bankroll will only allow me to invest up to around $30 each time unfortunately. Still, in time my money should grow and I'll be able to buy bigger shares in better players eventually.
My second goal with this information is to eventually get staked myself. This will allow me to begin to play in bigger events and at higher stakes without the huge risk involved in putting up the entire buy-in myself. However what I need to do first is put in enough volume so that I can show potential investors that I'm worth a punt. To this end I intend to try and do the following things:
1/ Play 1 million + hands of Rush poker making over 2 BB/100
2/ Play 50k hands 50NL HU cash making a profit
3/ Play 2000 tournaments (of varying sizes but bigger than a single table) profitably
4/ Play 1000 HUSNG small stakes as a winner
If I can achieve these things - and it will be tough, I'm sure - then I'm pretty certain I'd be able to get backing and then things should spice up a little. For now, I must try and achieve goal 1. I've nearly reached 200k hands where I'll post graphs and things. I don't think I'll get to a million hands until next year so there's a long old way to go. Best get started! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment