Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 25 July 2010

Improving (Again)

Just finished watching the Matthew Janda series on bet sizing (cardrunners.com) and have learned an awful lot from it. Not only have I fixed a few leaks, I've begun to realise just why we should be following bet sizing conventions; that is, we want to be able to get stacks in when we have a good hand. This is why in a single raised heads-up pot we need to be raising at some point after the flop in order to achieve this. So now my goal is to begin to work in all this knowledge to my game over the next few thousand hands. I must begin to raise a little more often in position both on the flop on wet boards and turn on dry boards. I also need to be check raising on both streets some percentage of the time too. This is so that I can get more value from big hands. The bottom line is that I've learned new concepts and have improved my knowledge of the game; things that will increase my win rate from now on. GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment