Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 6 July 2010

Running Poorly

Lost a few buy-ins this week and I think I'm going to drop limits until such time that I can arrest the decline and claw my bankroll back a bit. I haven't taken a huge chunk from it, maybe about 15% but it's still beginning to affect my decisions which is a good sign that I should move down for a bit. I'm due a $100 bonus that should help so hopefully I can pull things around nice and quickly. I'm sure I've made some good folds and got maximum value where I could and that the two pair hand is pretty much the only significant big pot mistake that I've made. A sure sign that I'm not running that well is that three of the biggest losers on the button during those 20k hands are AA, KK and QQ. Anyway, during my first 100k hands I went through two significant downswings and this one isn't as big as that just yet. If the poor run continues then maybe I'll have to reevaluate my game but until then I'll keep on grinding and hopefully turn it around.
The only barriers preventing me from winning at poker are a winning strategy, keeping cool under pressure and volume. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment