Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 26 July 2010

Thinking of trying a different game for a while...

The last few weeks have gone great for me, I must admit. Confidence in my ability to beat micros (cash) has sky rocketed now. I've made around $800 (including rake back) over about 150k hands so I can mathematically say that it's almost certain I'm a winner there. It's only 10NL I know, but it's a start and $800 is good money in most people's eyes. But I watched an MTT video earlier where the instructor (MeatBuoy, FT) recommended the 90 man KO SNGs on Full Tilt. His ROI in these games is over 100% which suggests a very soft playing field. By my calculations this means that if I could just do half as well in those tournaments I could be making around the same hourly as I'm making at 10NL Rush but with a fraction of the investment. So I may try to play a bunch of these, maybe six at a time in the $6.50s where I could potentially be earning between $12 and $20 per hour. I think this would be more than my hourly at 25NL Rush and again - much less investment. The draw back would be the lost earnings from Iron Man medals and rake back along with the decrease in playing experience over time. I'd still like to get 1m hands Rush before next summer so this is likely to be a small foray into tournament play unless I do really well. Tell you what, I'll set myself a personal challenge:
To play 100 $6.50 90 man SNGs. If I make $300+ I'll move up to the $12+1 90 man SNGs and play a further 100 games there. If I don't, back to Rush! First session about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment