Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 19 August 2010

Some 25NL FR Rush and 0.25/0.5 Limit Rush

Ok so I am going to begin to take some shots at 25NL, playing 2 tables for a thousand hands at a time and no more; setting a stop loss of two buy-ins. Just played my first round for a tiny profit; in many respects though I'd say that play seems weaker at this limit than 10NL. I know this is probably not true but I found the 10NL games to be very nitty whereas this session there was a lot of aggression but it wasn't good aggression. More the nonsensical over the top stuff. So my style at first is going to be very nitty and I'll be betting for value the vast majority of the time and releasing to any aggression without near nut hands. I'll be mega exploitable but hopefully I'll do enough to break even while I find out who the regs are so that I can begin to open up. Then it will just be a process of studying the database after a few thousand hands to begin to identify some leaks and how the level plays in comparison to 10NL. Wish me luck, I know that I'm good enough to beat 25NL I just need to find the correct strategy.
I also played some limit poker today, just for something different. I've heard it's a great low variance way to make tons of rake-back money. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough limit Rush games that fill for this to be worth further research. Anyway, good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment