Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 22 August 2010

Tournaments



Continue to run pretty bad in the tourneys I play in. I always check over a session afterwards in SNGWiz to see if my endgame play is accurate, and while I make mistakes they don't happen much. Today I played six tourneys and only made one large mistake and a handful of very small ones (like failing to shove 42s from the button with about 12bb for example). But the rest of the field are absolutely throwing their chips about without any regard for anything pretty much, so it's difficult to play many hands. The hands I do play are good hands and I play them hard and fast. I'm pretty sure from an absolute chip EV point of view that I'll get tons of value from the top of my range and that this strategy will make chips in the long run - and therefore cash too. But starting my MTT career with so little ITM spots is depressing indeed. Oh well, I will continue to grind as the only way I can cheat standard deviation is with volume. The statistics I'm just going to focus on are those shown in the picture. It is here where I'll find out if my strategy is making chips and it appears to be currently despite the lack of actual tournament cash winnings. I'd eventually expect to be making good returns from every position not in the blinds, losing a little in the SB (because shoving into the BB is so profitable) and then standard about -0.25 in the BB. I really really cannot see how I will not make money but unfortunately my confidence is shot and my heart is struggling to listen to my head. GL

2 comments:

  1. "Don't play stupid, don't play stupid, don't play stupid." That's what I usually tell myself when I feel a bad move coming on. Nice work with your blog.

    Chris Helms
    http://floppedtheboat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete