Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 25 August 2010

Two Cashes at Last!


I'm still way down in these (90 man KO tournaments) but volume is the key word. It has helped me a lot to just think of them as a cash game and although I've only played a couple of thousand hands or so my numbers are converging on what I believe are some realistic win rates. I think that a good MTT player could win more than 0.05 BB/Hand (given that the field is ridiculously weak in these). I've no idea how that usually translates into ROI as I've never seen a comparison made, but the important thing is that if we are playing a strategy that is returning a chip EV profit of more than 5 BB/100 then there should be gross profit to be made. For those interested - the picture shows profit by position where the top number is the button, the next the cut off etc and the two lowest numbers are the big blind and small blind from top to bottom. As far as my game in these goes, I think that I'm strongest with a short stack and when I'm relatively deep but I struggle between about 13 and 25 big blinds deep. The reason is that late position raisers are playing a very wide range but they will rarely fold when I shove. I guess that just means that I need to shove a merged range with good aces, broadways and pocket pairs. Early game strategy can also be tricky; there's so much ridiculous post flop play going on that it just pays to play fit or fold IMO. If we hit top pair we're getting paid and an overpair is just a gold mine. So playing a tight range with big aces and pairs should make shit loads of money. A plus is that these tourneys are pretty easy to play so I may start to 8 table or more. Playing 4 at a time at the moment is very manageable. Well, I'll continue to enter these tournaments where I can and my goal is to play 30000 hands or more after which I'll post a detailed analysis of my strategy and leaks. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment