Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 5 September 2010

90 man KOs. SERIOUS TILT CONTROL REQUIRED

3 comments:

  1. ones desperate , the others hv too many chips.
    this is why nick rainey is looking for spots like that to just ship it in . saw one of his webinars live thks to havin a laff and it was quite an eye opener. ul , regards. adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant to say....shipt it all in pre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah shipping is prob +EV but given that my stack is still pretty deep (~38bb / ~25M) and well covered by both blinds I thought that it would be better to 3-bet and fold if one of the blinds comes over the top. To this end I could have achieved the same result with a smaller 3-bet size thinking about it but I was multi-tabling at the time and just put the initial raiser all-in. When both blinds check the flop - given they were both loose players - I just felt that I probably had the best hand and decided that I had enough fold equity that shoving should show a profit. It may have been a mistake though in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete