Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 3 September 2010

FT Bonus

OK so FT just waved $50 at me so I'm going to have to play less tournaments and grind some Rush again in order to clear it by the 24th. I haven't actually played for a few days I think I needed a break as tourneys still going pretty badly. I think I probably need to adjust strategy somewhat and definitely burn through more volume but for now - back to a game that I can beat. I'll play mainly 10NL Rush and mix in a little 25NL occasionally for a laugh. As soon as the bonus is cleared I'll be back at the tourneys. Since I'll be playing a fair bit again unfortunately that means that I'll probably be blogging random crap. I'll prob pick a few hands and do detailed analysis on them and may even talk about them on here which could be fun as my fishiness is outed for the world to see. Ah well, until then GL!
EDIT: Well, it only took me 1200 hands (or a little over an hour) to clear the first $5. Easy money huh? Just play 12k hands they give you $50. It's a hit on the rakeback, sure, but it's a better deal so you should always take it. I found that I've loosened a little as my confidence has grown and I've found a lot more spots to float/raise lately since doing the hand analysis. Suddenly spots where I just folded before have started to look juicy for a raise even after studying only maybe 20 hands. So I shall continue with the study as it's obv making a big difference to my play.

3 comments:

  1. hi simon,
    just a thought....there are some small field tiny buy-in sats to the mini ftops going . i already hv a seat to #11 and wud like to play some more . just a thought but u get get some decent tourny experience if u stt'd in cheaply. best of luck , adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam thanks for the advice I'll check them out later :) Hope you get a big score in that event. When does the series start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it starts on the 8th . i havn't a hope in hell but it shud b good experience . am playing the double deuce tonite also. cheers, adam

    ReplyDelete