Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 20 November 2010

Rush Poker MTT SNG Win


Played a few of these this afternoon, they look really really terrific in terms of profitability; added to this is the fact that you can play so many hands and it's a win - win situation. I quickly played several tournaments within the space of two to three hours and ended up cashing in two, winning one. I adopted my standard full ring cash preflop strategy, although I think in future when multitabling I can afford to play like a mega nit raising like 7% of hands and opening up and stealing from CO through SB. Then as soon as the antes come in it's time to up the aggression and steal like a maniac. These tournaments do not look quite as soft as the 90 man KOs but are still much weaker than the typical Rush cash games. IMO these micro Rush tournaments are probably at least comparable to cash. So I may invest some time into these now while the full ring cash is going poorly. That cash boost for such little investment has propelled my bankroll back up very nicely.
All that is left for me to do is tidy up my HUD as it's messy at the moment and I also need to sort out tableNinja as half way through the session I had aces but when the mouse hovered over the table the betting slider spazzed out and didn't allow me to bet. So while the time was ticking down I had to quickly turn it off so I didn't fold. After I've fixed this I will six to eight table for four to six hours at a time and see how I get on. I played 14 tourneys in the space of 2.5 hours including the win which was an hour and 40 minutes long.
So let's assume a lower end estimate of 20% ROI so 44c per tourney plus 11c rake back then if I can play ten tourneys on average per hour the hourly is about $5.50. Doesn't sound like much but I'm very confident that we can do better than that ROI at this limit... Anyway, ramble over, check these games out - they're good! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment