Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 27 December 2010

$4 Rush On Demand


Hey. I'm going to keep you updated on my progress in the $4 Rush On Demand tourneys that usually run with around 250 players. So far my progress has been very good, but I have certainly ran well recently. I would expect a barren stretch to be around the corner, although so much villain play is truly dreadful so cashing is not that difficult. I'm going to try and play as much as I can until I reach a decent sample size; 1000 games I guess. This will probably take 2-3 months of playing. I have much more bankroll than I probably need for these games but since I consider myself a novice tournament player I think that this is necessary until I prove myself here - like I did at 10NL. I'll likely spend a little time at the Rush cash tables too, but these games seem at least as profitable currently and deserve some time IMO.
As for the few games tonight, I made one bad call but otherwise think I played OK. The most recent tourney I busted in 11th against a good player who reshoved on the final table bubble against my AA button raise and his A9 smacked trips on the flop. Disappointing since that double up would have put me in the top three with a great chance for a good finish. Never mind, that's tournament poker. I feel that there is a huge room for improvement in my tournament game and I look forward to putting in some hours. Hopefully after another 950 games the graph will still be in profit! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment