Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 15 December 2010

December Update

Hey, played basically zero poker in the last couple of weeks. My sister lives in Canada and has been visiting so I've used the time as a vacation. She sadly leaves tomorrow but after the weekend I've got a really busy week up to Christmas day so I don't think I'll be consistently playing poker until the end of the month when I should get some free days to put in some volume. My heart is in the Rush tournaments at the moment so I intend to try and play as many as possible in the new year. If I could play 1000 @ $4 and 25% ROI that will be a nice return and I should be able to achieve that in a couple of months I believe. If I can - and I often set goals that I don't see through - then I'll probably try the same thing with the $11 tournaments. At this point there's potential for good income so I could possibly make a few grand next year if things go my way. As always, you'll read about it here.

Just a note on my other thinking hobby - chess - after a long time out from playing I have realised just how poor I am now. After spending some time learning a little on opening play it's pretty clear that tactics (move trees that lead to positional or material gain) are my biggest weakness and so as long as I continue to play I think that that is where I'll be focussing all of my training. I'm using the tactics trainer at chess.com. Before I join the local club again I need to get better. Currently any decent club player would shit all over me, basically. So if poker doesn't take up all of my time in the next few months I'll hopefully be ready to play some over the board games by next Autumn when the season begins. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment