Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 19 December 2010

Rush On Demand Tourney Session

Played a few of these this afternoon. So far made one goofy shove when about 5M deep in the cut off with 32s, I should have picked a better hand I think given that the blinds were pretty loose. Oh well, I have to learn to concentrate harder, I find it easy to auto pilot in these and just see all the chips in the middle and just shove too wide. I think it's better to be too aggressive than too passive though so meh.
These tournaments are terrific, the quality of opponent is dreadful overall. There are just tons of LAG wannabes (40% vpip+ 35% pfr) - and providing we know our ranges we can reshove for value really widely, eg {66+, KTs+, KJo+, A5s+, A9o+} - that sort of range. Unfortunately this afternoon I found I was often in situations where I had little fold equity and was not getting many of those hands so probably got run over a bit in the blinds. But I never let myself get much shorter than 5M without making a move to try and double up or win the blinds. I think this is really important. Try and stay in the game where possible even if it means risking a gamble. Going to have a break now and poss play a few more in a bit. Would be nice to make a final table today but given that most of these have 200-300 runners in now by the end of reg that's expecting a lot I guess. By the way, if these start to go the way of the regular tourneys and numbers increase beyond 500 it may discourage me from playing them, but on the flip side a win is a bigger deal then.

No comments:

Post a Comment