Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 18 January 2011

Catastrophic Error (mis-clickaments)

For the last 15k hands or so I have had the right mouse button assigned to the call button. It has allowed me to play quickly and efficiently. However a short time ago I raised AKo from middle position and got open jammed on. Having played quite a bit of Rush now and after hearing other players' thoughts on the forums this is AA almost all of the time. But as I moved my cursor to the table and began to press the space bar (which is my fold hotkey) I accidentally pressed the right mouse button. 7% equity in a $30 pot. This is the first big mis-click I have made in poker and it will probably have a massive effect on this weeks results. As a consequence of this huge mistake I have now unassigned the right mouse button and will have to manually click the call button in future. Really disappointed as I feel that I played well aside from this. It will likely take me a week to recover the losses. The only positive to take from this is that it happened to me on a table when I was $30 deep. On a different table I had $55 and villain would have covered that. So I spewed off a buy-in, and I've learned an important lesson the hard way. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment