Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 9 January 2011

Goal Revisions, Back to Study


Hey, I have formally decided to switch my focus back to full ring rush cash games because I am not able to meet my volume criteria by focussing exclusively on the tournaments.

The graph for my last 40K hands shows that I am not doing particularly well at the $0.10/$0.25 limit, which means that I need to work on my game again. The good news is that the tournaments have boosted the bankroll by about a third and I am now comfortably 'rolled for that stake and can give it a proper go without being close to my nitty drop down threshold. So I can forget about the money and just focus on playing as well as I can.

My goal from an earlier post was 500,000 hands this year and for now I think I'll keep this figure. That's a miserly 10k hands per week playing goal which I should easily achieve despite full time working hours. In fact, I should probably target double that but for now I'll stick to ten and see how I get on.

I honestly believe these games are well beatable for a good hourly rate and I have seen solid evidence from a tight player that backs this up over a good sample at 100NL. I play around 12-13% of hands so I definitely qualify as a tight player. All I need to do is improve my post flop playing ability and the $ should flow. So, back to work and time to get my first session of the week done :) GL

One other thing, I'm going to start a new database for this years endeavours so future graph posts will likely not include the displayed portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment