Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 2 January 2011

Rush Tournaments

I just thought I'd post a few thoughts about these tournaments. I'm running crazily well in them at the moment. I know for sure there's a down-swing around the corner so I'm readying myself as we speak. But... I can highly highly recommend the $4 ROD tournaments; they are full of fish. How can so many players not get that playing half of your hands is a huge mistake?

I'd absolutely love to see the ROI of some good players who have played decent volume in these as I'm sure it would surprise a lot of people. They are different to normal MTTs so I would not be at all surprised if the difference between good and bad players is magnified by the Rush structure leading to better ROI than normal. Until sharkscope allows us to filter this format I guess I'll have to continue to speculate.

The playing field seems to reach around 350 a go at the moment and so prize money is very good at the final table for very little investment. Villains seem to bust very quickly too, it feels like I make the money a huge % of the time - although this is probably just the fact that I'm experiencing a heater.

Well the next few months will give me answers about the true value of these games. But I think they are very beatable, probably the best choice of game for micro stakes players in my humble opinion. It's as simple as playing like a nit early on and getting tons of chips from the big hands and then knowing the short stack maths well. Lastly remember to change the ink in your printer because when you're printing money this easily you don't want to run out! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment