Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 29 January 2011

Update

Things going well, I'm currently enjoying a heater. The Rush games seem really terrific at the moment for some reason. There are times of the day when the regs seem to overcrowd the games but most of the time there's tons of weak players. There are also tons of bad regs who play a reasonable/semi-spewey preflop strategy and a very spewey post flop strategy. Winning money in these games is still entirely about getting value when you're good and folding when you sense you are beat. Value bet big and bluff small. I suspect the semi lags who are trying to win as many pots as possible are really losing a lot of money. If anyone watched my game strategy, they'd probably think I was the weakest most passive player ever. My strategy has so many holes it's ridiculous, but it seems to fit the current state of 25c Rush poker.

Here's an excellent article that you should read [thoughts on balance and rush], I think Citizenwind has a deep understanding of the game and thankfully is willing to share his knowledge. Tap this resource if you have any desire to get better.

Despite doing well currently I know that there are huge areas for improvement in my game and I will be tapping resources like the CW videos and cardrunners. I will never stop striving for improvement. GL

EDIT: One other thing I meant to say, my bankroll has improved such that I have enough to move up now using my criteria. However, I want more sturdy evidence that I'm beating this limit and 35k hands is not enough. So I'll probably be looking to go over to 0.25/0.50 sometime around April. Much looking forward to that, there's a general consensus that a winning strategy at 0.10/0.25 should work up there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment