Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Tuesday 8 February 2011

Link and Quick Update

Citizenwind (Alvin Lau) teaches poker on Youtube
Hey, I've mentioned this before but just to reiterate... CW is not working for Cardrunners any more but is still putting out videos via Youtube. Having watched a few of them, they are not for beginners. To understand the concepts he talks about will need a lot of reading and research in books or on the twoplustwo poker forums (google search). HOWEVER, if you can learn the necessary language and concepts enough to understand these videos then they are pure gold. In my opinion, he thinks about the game on a very high level with a very sound knowledge of the maths involved. He's also giving out coaching free of charge in these vids. I have no idea why, but for God's sake if you want to improve at poker watch them! - I am. Repeatedly.

About my poker, I haven't updated the graph yet as out of time but it's still around the same profit marker after another few thousand hands. I am now running 9 buy-ins under expectation and really feel I'm doing pretty poorly at the moment. Still, I had these stretches at 10NL and so I'm just going to keep putting in the volume and hopefully I'll make some money :) GL all!

No comments:

Post a Comment