Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 2 February 2011

Poor Session

So it looks like my heater my have ended now, had one of those sessions where I seemed to be running into the top end of villains' ranges all of the time. Insane the number of times I was played back at post flop. To top it off I flopped the nut straight, managed to get the money in on the turn versus top two pair and lose to the four outer on the river. I then think I played around 1000 hands straight away without a break and was beginning to tilt; I made two or three particularly suspicious tilt-induced river calls which probably cost me the best part of a buy-in too. Disappointed I let it affect me in this way I'm usually pretty good but I was tired and so it was bound to be negative if things didn't go my way.

I have decided to do some more work on my game. I should easily get enough time to do this and still maintain the 10k hands per week. Specifically I'll be looking at improving my red line a little by 3-betting more often and also focussing on my blind play. I'm also going to be studying the recent Rush video content released on Cardrunners and Youtube (Citizenwind) closely. I feel that my post flop play (when I'm playing well) is pretty good. But I need to refine certain elements of my strategy. Just a few smallish leaks that should move my win rate up above 2 ptbb/100 for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment