Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 6 February 2011

Rough(ish) stretch

Break even week, haven't lost a great deal but rather annoying as I had a couple of more big pots lost while a large favourite in the hand:





I think my game is coming on loads. The more hands I play the more things seem to make sense. Earlier today in a session I had a regular call in the BB and check raise me on the flop. Now, against most players I'm folding a vast majority of my range in that spot but this opponent had been mixing things up and playing pretty aggressively post flop to the extent that I'd tagged him a tough opponent. Against someone like this, then, you need to have a bluff catching range versus check raises. I had top pair medium kicker so I decided to call him down. He shut down on the river allowing me to check behind and sure enough he had ace high. Players like this are rare in 25NL FRR and a check raise is normally very strong. It's important to spot if you need a bluff catching range versus a villain or not. The same applies to positional raises. Some villains will always raise sets on draw heavy boards in position but play everything else super passively. You don't need a bluff catching range against this villain, any pair is a fold versus a raise in this situation.

So far my expected winnings at this limit is $500 and actual winnings around $350. But this is still around $12 an hour (inc rakeback) which is a very fine income for playing a game on the internet IMO. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment