Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 17 March 2011

Update and Stuff

So, the last three sessions I've made decent money but I had a 16 buy-in downswing before this small recovery - my worst yet across limits. I'm being far too results oriented at the moment and I think it's time that I started a new database. Running under EV has made me feel like I deserve to run good, and that's a terrible mindset to have. For all I know before I started using databases I ran several buy-ins above expectation and now it's just balancing out! What I will do is see out the 100k hands and then I'll update the pic at the side with a screen shot and start the next 100k hands in a new pic above it. This will be a good way to track my progress and see if I'm improving or not. I'm around 90k hands at the moment so I'll start the new db next weekend.

The downside to doing this is that I'll lose the player info I've acquired. Still, it will force me to play very straight forwardly and this might actually help. Anyway, GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment