Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 30 April 2011

35k hands into new database

I'll post a graph at 50k but things are going well so far. I have only run slightly under EV so hopefully that's the run bad over (as far as all-in pots go). Win rate is good. Obviously I'm not getting through that many hands at the moment which is a concern. But I've been sorting tons of things out lately and I owe it to myself to spend some serious hours playing over the next few weeks. I cannot make a consistent return from poker unless I put in some volume and I resolve to do this from here on.

The work I did on my game has allowed me to step up aggression in a few spots which has had a positive effect. There are still a few leaks I have, I think that I'm defending flops too widely. I've noticed some regs are hardly c-betting me any more, but this is good because when ever they check I just assume the pot is mine. I'm four-betting more too, there are a few players who 3-bet way too much at this limit. Against someone who folds too much this is fine, but I'm pretty pleased that my strategy now has a balanced range to fight back with.

So overall my strategy is more aggressive and a little more balanced - in other words I think I have a few less leaks than before and hopefully this will make my win rate more consistent over time. The cost of this increase in aggression is a little bit of showdown money but I think that it is worth it to have a more effective strategy. I'll continue to update as I work to improve my preflop game and become a consistent uNL and SSNL winner.

Full Tilt poker are to release a statement this week regarding the return of player's funds. There is a lot of negative speculation on forums that the lack of any communication is a sign of the worse. However, I remain optimistic that things will return to normal and players will be able to once again deposit, withdraw and enjoy the games on the site. If things do go belly up then I can always go over to pokerstars who seem to be liquid enough to fund cashout requests. It's not that big of a deal to me losing the money that is currently in Full Tilt, it would hurt for sure but luckily I cashed out 2/3 of my bankroll before the Black Friday events and so most of my winnings for the last year are secure. I'll continue to play there unless there is some very bad news. I'd miss the Rush games a lot if it were to happen, which is why I have every finger crossed that things will work out OK. GL at the tables

No comments:

Post a Comment