Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 3 April 2011

The Next Step....

I'm going to spend some time studying over the next few days. Matthew Janda created a video series on playing optimally preflop and on the flop. These vids look very detailed and I think they will teach me a great deal about playing poker and hopefully improve my win rate ready for my move to $50NL FR which should happen in the summer.

I think the most important thing for any poker player to do is become super proficient at preflop and flop play. A poker strategy can be thought of as a very large and complex decision tree with each branch having an expected value and probability. It should be obvious that the EV at the very top of the tree (preflop and flop play) has a much larger bearing on the global profitability of the strategy than the branches at the bottom. I intend to refine my preflop play to such a degree that I will not have to adjust a great deal from now on as I move up the limits.

Poker is going well at the moment, I'll hopefully do 10k hands this week as hours and things have returned to some normality now. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment