Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 24 April 2011

Shot taking

Hey, well I've decided I'm going to begin the transition to $50NL from now by mixing in some sessions two tabling the higher limit on days where I feel good and confident. I haven't got enough data to say for sure that I'm beating the current limit but I think it's time that I had a go. A couple of players (Citizenwind and Verneer) have said that a winning strategy at 25NL = a winning strategy at 50NL so hopefully the games will not seem to play very differently. If I can beat the games then the potential hourly could be as much as $20-$30 which would be a nice second income. This is of course all speculation and I'm realistic enough to know that I'll need to keep working on my game to reach this goal.

Depending on how it goes to begin with, I may finish playing 25NL after another 20k hands or so. I think that I need to try and move up the limits more quickly than I am currently - bringing my hand requirement down to 100k as a winner maybe. Because it's affecting my earning potential. Anyway, gl all.

No comments:

Post a Comment