Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 21 April 2011

Thoughts and Study

Hey, well when I logged in to Full Tilt just now I was offered a $50 bonus including ring game tickets and there has also been a press release assuring US players that their funds will be returned. I see these things as being hugely positive; a company that is struggling would surely not be able to do these things. It's possible that the bonus offer is the last throw of the dice, but I don't think so. So my initial pessimism seems to be unfounded. Losing the US players is certainly a blow for poker, but it appears that the game will not disappear from the internet and this is great news for me :) (much happiness).

This week I have not played much, I have had a busy few days in my job and also was waiting on developments at the sites. However I have spent a few hours watching the Janda flop play videos over at Cardrunners. I'm currently making detailed notes and learning the theory off by heart. My goal - as I've said before - is to create a very fundamentally sound preflop and postflop strategy based upon game theory ideas. While I still need to learn loads of the preflop ranges (instead of having charts sat around my desk, lol) I wanted to watch the flop play videos too. My next step is to learn all the preflop stuff by heart, and then analyse tons and tons of flops - maybe 20-30 per day before playing - so that merely looking at one will tell me what I should be doing with my hand. Whether or not I take that action will obviously depend upon my opponent.

Anyway, thought I'd blog quickly about my poker activities this week. I feel that I'm very close to being a rather good small stakes player. I'm really excited about poker and what I could learn in the next few weeks. I also have a week off coming up so I will consolidate my knowledge, learn the ranges and then all that's left is volume. 70k hands before I move to 50NL. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment