Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 1 May 2011

average session, encouraging volume

Just played a pretty rough session, but didn't tilt so pleased with that. I've sorted out some ranges that I'm comfortable playing with from each position. Not sure what my overall strategy will converge to, if I'm playing any less than 14% of hands then I'll have to rethink a little because I don't want to become so tight that my play becomes obvious. I think that 14% vp$ip is a good minimum number. I'll let you know how it goes but with any luck I'll be able to stop mucking about with the preflop strategy from now on and just concentrate on post flop poker.

Been thinking about how I can encourage myself to play more volume. Not looking at results helps but I also think that I could put aside set times each week to put in a 'shift'. I was wondering whether setting myself a goal of hours to play might help. I'm sure that if I was to target 500 hours of poker in as short a time as I can then I would make a good deal of money by the end. It would also make an interesting blog subject. Ok so here's what I'll do. I'll play a few hours this week until such time as I've internalised the new preflop strategy and then set a challenge like this up. I'll post again in a few days then. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment