Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 21 May 2011

Crazy Session and Crazy Life

Had a pretty crazy session yesterday, chips flying about everywhere; I intend to do a hand history diary post at some point with some analysis. Firstly because I played tons of hands terribly and secondly because it will demonstrate the crazy up/down nature of NLHE. I tilted a little after running under EV some more - totally irrational but I don't think I let it affect too many of my decisions thankfully. I won a few buy-ins too which has dampened the damage some what. Which leads me on to my conclusion - the Rush games are very much weaker since Black Friday. I'm going to have to continue to adjust to maximise my win rate in these games. Hint: VALUE TOWN.

The fiancée was rushed to accident and emergency last night with abdominal pain. Nothing to worry about according to the Docs but she is still there now. Friday night A&E - I don't recommend it as a choice of spending an evening's time. Crazy, I have so much respect for people in that job. Don't know how they cope with it tbh, they are better people than me for sure. Naturally poker will be on the sidelines until life returns to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment