Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 8 May 2011

Didn't quite make it, but 8800 hands in a day is quite a lot for me!

So I FAILED in my challenge. In truth I could probably get there playing another hour but I'm mentally tired out and think it would def be -EV. Mind you, it seems that most things I do these days are -EV anyway (or at least even if they're not, the result I don't want to see is coming in). It's hard to be positive about my game at the moment.

IF I had won the money that I should have this year, I'd prob have earned around $1000 including rake back. As it is, I've won $500 - and I shouldn't complain of course. But over the sample of hands that I have it's a pretty low win rate. But I guess that even though I've been absolutely destroyed in all-in pots for 200k hands or so I've still come out a winner so that bodes well for the future.

I've nearly internalised most of the new ranges now, so pretty soon I'll be able to start putting in a lot of time and work on what to do post flop. But this is another story and I'll write a lot more about this in the coming weeks.

One last thing I thought I'd write about was the state of the games after I've played nearly 30k hands since black Friday. Well, it seems that nearly all of the good regs have gone. I've labelled a few players as regs but they seem to have tons of leaks. One thing I've noticed is that preflop aggression gets very little respect. So while I've been using bluff heavy 3-bet ranges lately I think I need to be very careful that I only bluff players who know how to fold. It's a great situation when someone raises 30% of hands on the button and never folds to 3-bets and I have a pure value 3-bet range. So I think that I should be concentrating on value more and more. All of that work I've put in lately in learning to play in a more aggressive way has probably harmed my win rate because the simultaneous weakening of the games has made a value strategy even more profitable than before. So in order to return to winning ways I'm going to be even more selective with my aggression.

Overall despite the run bad continuing I really enjoyed the grind today. There were tons of interesting spots, I made a few mistakes but that's the game. I'll probably try and do another 8k hand day on Thursday when I have a day off. Well I hope that you are running better than I am. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment