Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Sunday 22 May 2011

The Most Beautiful Song Ever Written?

God Only Knows

I guess I never really post things about my life and tastes etc. Maybe I should start, talking exclusively about poker is pretty boring I suppose.

To the link, I saw Brian Wilson perform this at Glastonbury a few years back. It took my breath away then and still does to this day. Has there ever been a more beautiful song written? Brings me to tears every time.



----------------

To poker, I played a good long session today and created a protected button raising range that worked out at around 48% of hands. By protected I mean that it's not easily exploitable. A player's range is easily exploitable if an opponent can make a positive expected value (or profitable) bluff with any hand e.g. When someone opens 50% of buttons and folds 90% of the time he is 3-bet.

So I now have a protected range for every position. Of course I don't always use the four bet or call ranges, they're just there as a default play against an unknown player or someone who foolishly thinks they can get away with 3-betting me tons. Against someone who is only value 3-betting a tight range, they are already folding enough that I do not need to protect.

The one last range to sort out is my big blind defence range versus a small blind open. This one will be a little more difficult because most of the hands that I use as bluffs for my other preflop ranges will now be good enough to call a loose sb steal. So I'll need to work out a seperate call, 3-bet, felt strategy for this unique situation. However to start with I'll just try and memorise the stuff I've done so far. When it's all remembered then I'll sort something out. Until then, I'm still making it up and still likely easily exploitable in that spot. Come and find me! :) GL

No comments:

Post a Comment