Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 19 May 2011

Quick Vent...

aa;lka;lkanbklnglakfdv8c87vazhganehkg!!!!
Brutal session, total FAIL. Two large pots lost from the bb, one was my fault and the second a suck-out by a complete fish (which is why I need to let off steam).
First the mistake : I check raised a nut flush draw on the turn against a late middle position open who had double barrelled on a queen turn. On retrospect I'm unsure of my play but I felt at the time that it would make a good hand to semi - bluff and rep a slow played set. I figured I'd get tons of folds from his bluffs (which I assumed on that card would be a non trivial number) and would have equity versus any hand in his range that called. When he shoved I should have folded, since I needed about 32% equity given the pot odds but I think versus a reasonable range I was mid twenties at best. So OK, this was a mistake on my part but given that I had reasonable equity and I was taking an aggressive line that balances my range in that spot - I'm not too pissed off.
The second hand I had found a dream spot. A villain who had raised (and 3-bet) almost all of his hands over a sample of 30 raised UTG and it folds to me in the bb with JJ. So I decide I'm not messing and I'm felting this hand. So the money goes in and he's got A4 and binks the ace in the turn. Ouch. Right, vent over back to the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment