Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 2 May 2011

So no update yet then...

To be fair to Full Tilt they stated 'early next week' but I'd still like to know how things stand. Nevertheless, even if it is play money I'm wagering with at the moment I'm really enjoying myself.

The new ranges are sinking in and after about 5k hands I'm running around 15/13 which is pretty ideal as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully these are realistic numbers. The ranges that I have created are easily remembered from each position and altogether pretty well balanced too. So preflop is nearly sorted (until the next time that I watch a high end poker theory video that rearranges my perception about the game).

The last session didn't go that well - I think I finished up losing money - but I just felt completely on my A game. It's a great feeling knowing for a fact that you're one of the best players currently in your game (of course I mean purely 25NL since the US players left the pool - I'm a decent but not good player IMO). I even managed an over-bet in one pot where it was clear that my opponent had a mediocre hand almost all of the time and I didn't think that a pot sized bet would be quite enough to make him fold with the right frequency. Anyway, hopefully I'm not being delusional about my ability lol. I think I should be up to 50k hands by the end of next week and then I'll be ready for some 50NL. Exciting times, let's just hope that I'm wagering real rather than virtual money. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment