Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Wednesday 22 June 2011

Leak Buster FTW!

I shan't go into too much about the software (other than recommending it) but it provides a bunch of useful filters for use within the HEM database. One of these filters is
"Had top pair good kicker or worse on the turn in a single raised pot and saw a showdown."
I have lost a huge amount of money in this spot, 21.5 buy-ins.



21.5 GIGABUYINS!

According to the video (leak buster, not Back to the Future) this should be an area where we're making money and I've absolutely butchered this situation for the last 100k plus hands.

If I had been just break even in this spot (my obvious goal for the next stretch of hands) then I'd be $500 richer. I think that this significant leak should now become my main focus for improvement because that would instantly catapult my win rate skywards.

I think some of the main problems are these:
1/ Calling flop c-bets too often; I should fold more and switch some of the calling hands into bluff hands and have a clear plan for barrelling the turn when I do this.
2/ Playing draws too passively on the flop and calling turn bets with draws where the immediate odds nor the implied odds are good enough
3/ Going to showdown with pairs worse than top pair too often (calling more than one street of betting)
4/ Attempting to bluff calling stations across multiple streets
5/ Attempting to bluff catch straight forward villains (who likely have value heavy ranges by the river)
So, just a couple of things wrong then lol. Wow, if I can fix this significant leak and prove it over a good sample of hands then this software will have paid for itself within 15k hands. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment