Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 2 June 2011

Update

I have taken the last few days off from poker. After the session where I completely irrationally lost my temper I thought it best to step back for a bit. Fortunately this coincided with the excellent game The Witcher 2 being released for PC which has absorbed me ever since. After this period of time off, I'm starting to feel like playing again! When I do it will be a new database. I've looked at some leaks and hopefully the next 100k hands will go a little better than the last. If I can win 20-25 buy-ins then I'll be very happy, but I'll let you know how it goes.

So Phil Ivey has filed a lawsuit versus Full Tilt poker. And just when I thought that they looked to be pulling things around after having one of their seized accounts released by the DOJ. Not sure what to make of this. He has cited the US player fund issue as his reason for doing it. While this action will not make Full Tilt go bust on it's own, it could be an indicator that the company is in more trouble than it's letting on. There seems to be a lot of scaremongering going on, but I continue to have faith that the legal teams that FT have employed are doing the right thing. Purely because I think that in any democratic court, the DOJ action will not stand up.

However as a contingency plan, it looks like pokerstars would be my next port of call should the very worst happen. I'd be gutted to lose Rush and hope that another site would take the concept on board, but I would at least be able to 12 - 16 table regular poker and hopefully see a similar number of hands.

Anyway, I'm keeping the faith Full Tilt. I sincerely hope you do not disappoint. And I also think that everyone should remember that this is the US DOJ's doing. They are the people in the wrong, and I thoroughly hope that justice is done. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment