Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Saturday 2 July 2011

First Couple of Sessions

Made a break even start over the first 1.5k hands or so. This is my fault really for running a couple of bluffs where it was possibly a little bit spewey and also stacking versus a button reg with TT vs AA. I'm sure it's going to take me a little time to adjust.

I do however believe that the games will be profitable for me. I have performed no table selection so far but it's been very easy to control my money won without showdown line. In other words, players are folding more to c-bets than in Rush; they are stealing my blinds less often than in Rush; and there are just as many loose passive players who call to see a flop and then fold to most c-bets. So I think that I will cut out all of the marginal bluffs altogether and just press hard for value. This should maximise my win rate.

I have been playing eight tables. I'm not sure how much I'd be affected by playing more; with an AHK program like tableNinja I'm sure I could play 12 at a time but I would rather not invest in that software until I know what's happening with Full Tilt. I don't want to pay out and then never ever use it. So for now I'll stick to 8 tabling and this allows me to play around 500 hands per hour which I think is an acceptable rate. That means that with a little work I'll be getting through 20-30k hands per month. If my hunch is true and the potential win rates as big as I suspect then with any luck I'll be moving up in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment