Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 11 July 2011

Just a Quickie...

Sorry for the second post in a day. Just played a few hundred hands of 25NL Full Ring on Stars and I conclude that these games are just as bad as the lower limit. Yes, I don't know if I've just been ridiculously lucky in the last few sessions to pick ludicrous tables, or if full ring games on Stars were always this good. Well, I'm not complaining.

Just for the statisticians out there, I had hardly any c-bet bluffs work (<30%) and only won 42% of flops. But yet I still made most of my blind money back on the red line! I'm astonished by how weak these games are at the moment, truly. They are also populated by huge loose passive fish who will just call you down and let you know as soon as they have the nuts. Even if Rush comes back, after what I've seen over the last 10k hands I may not go back.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that when the tables break I've been able to dust off my old heads-up tricks and get into some pots with players who clearly have never played the format. I'm certainly very rusty, but a lot of these players seem completely out of depth in those situations. This must contribute to my winnings so far I guess.

Anyway, pretty pointless post. The 25NL full ring games on stars are a lot weaker than the 25NL Rush games. That's all I really wanted to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment