Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Friday 8 July 2011

Results so far.



So more break even play, but I'm really optimistic. I have altered my strategy only slightly since Rush, but I strongly believe it is working much better in these games than it was in the tight aggressive player infested Rush ones.

I often talk about the 'red line' and I've displayed it here. If you don't know what it is, think of my poker strategy like a business. Businesses make profit by maximising revenue and minimising cost. My strategy revolves around showdown 'revenue' - that is making money with my poker hands when I get to showdown (the blue line in the graph). My 'costs' are having to pay a big and small blind per round with mostly garbage hands and also paying to see a flop.

The fact that my red line descent is so shallow means that my opponents are letting me win a ton of flops with shitty hands basically. This is allowing me to minimise my poker playing 'cost'. In every database I have of my play I won around 70 - 80% of a buy-in per 1000 hands on average at showdown. I see no reason why this will change at Poker Stars (over a bigger sample obv) since my strategy is the same as it was in the tougher Rush games. But the fact that my bluffs are working so effectively has convinced me that I will utterly destroy this limit over a larger sample.

So what, right? It's only 10NL, I know. Expect me to be back in 25NL games very soon. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment