Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 1 August 2011

Poker Stars' VIP Club Promotion

Wow, there were TONS of games going on tonight; the reason must surely be the August VIP club promotion that they've just announced. I will very probably be a Platinum Star by the end of the month as a result of it and this should offer me a great opportunity to earn good rake back for a few weeks. I'm going to have to grind as much as I can for a while, but this is not a problem since I'm really enjoying the game at the moment and feel like I'm playing well despite some mediocre results.

I was looking through the VIP store, and I think the best use for my FPPs is the Amazon UK £50 gift certificates. Using the current exchange rate it is much better value than the cash bonuses. I buy tons of stuff off of Amazon so it would be a really good way to cash in my FPPs IMO. Every time I purchase one I could deposit £50 in my account so that it is equivalent to rake back.

I mentioned last night that I found it hard to calculate stack size ratios sometimes when playing tournaments, well I just realised that there's a HUD stat in Hold'em Manager that will calculate it for me so that will help me out tons on those nights where I decide to play MTTs instead of cash games. Awesome!

Right so I'm going to be playing tons of hands the next few weeks so expect a LOT of posts in here. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment