Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Thursday 24 April 2014

Mission Week

As we all know already, Stars are the only reason Poker is still alive and kicking (and perhaps once again growing?).

Anyway, their latest brilliant idea - the Mission Week - is currently keeping me at the tables.

For those not in the know, it's a reward system whereby a player opts in to a challenge level (even the 'hard' level is not difficult to achieve). Should the player achieve his/her challenge then they are awarded with a ticket to an All-in Shootout tournament. This basically amounts to a raffle for free money since there is no requirement to actually play cards.

In other words, on top of the existing VIP scheme, Poker Stars is giving additional rakeback. And while I haven't done the maths to figure out how lucrative this is for regular grinders, it feels like great value - and for a bit of a lottery degen I can't get enough. And judging by Star's impressive traffic of late, it looks like I'm not the only one enjoying their new promotions.

Long may it continue!



No comments:

Post a Comment