Welcome

Hello all, welcome to my online poker blog.

I've been playing on and off for a decade after being introduced by a friend.

I played regularly for a few years during the poker boom and had a decent record at the micros, particularly Rush and Zoom No Limit Hold'em games (here's one of my graphs).

Around 2012 I began a new career which involved immersing myself completely in study in my spare time, so I had little to no time for poker. However recently this burden has eased and so I have been gradually dipping back in.

I'm an amateur player who still hopes to some day beat the rake.





Monday 28 April 2014

Musings


Playing a bit of Zoom, running pretty well. Just the 32BB/100 over 1500 hands. Sustainable obv...

Anyway, I sometimes forget how much fun Zoom/Rush poker is, and after playing nearly 1m hands of it, I think I probably burned myself out a little. But perhaps I can dip in a little more often than I have been lately.

I still think I can beat these micro/small stakes tables, and I also still think that a determined player could make good pocket money from the Zoom games.

I blame the Americans leaving the market for the stagnation in player standards. [Disclaimer: My observations are limited to two limits over a small number of hands, so my comments are pretty lol, but I'll keep going anyway :D] There's no doubt that a large number of the significant poker strategy developments were pioneered by talented US players that have now been denied the internet game. From the point of view of someone who used to crave new theory and used to watch hours of videos on GTO strategy, I think it's a shame. From the point of view of someone who is returning to playing somewhat after a near two year hiatus, it's quite pleasing!

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment